Welcome to the world of homemade granola! Making your own granola is a fun and easy way to take control of your breakfast and snack time, and you can customize it to your taste buds. Plus, with the help of eco-friendly kitchen products like Two Pillars’ Duo Cover®, ZipBag®, Swedish Dishcloth, and UniLid®, you can make your granola in an eco-friendly way.
Here's a recipe for a basic granola:
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped nuts (such as almonds, pecans, or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, nuts, coconut flakes, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the granola mixture in an even layer on a baking sheet lined with a Duo Cover® silicone microwave splatter guard mat, which is both heat-resistant and dishwasher safe.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring halfway through.
- Once the granola is done, let it cool completely before storing it in a ZipBag® reusable silicone storage bag. Not only will the ZipBag® keep your granola fresh, but it's also perfect for bringing your granola on-the-go or storing fresh produce and leftovers.
- If you need to clean up any spills or messes, use a Swedish Dishcloth, which is an eco-friendly and compostable alternative to paper towels and cleaning cloths. Simply rinse, dry, and repeat.
- Top off your granola with your favorite toppings, such as fresh fruit, yogurt, or milk, and use the UniLid® universal lid to cover and store the leftovers. With its food tracking feature, you'll always know when you made your granola, and you can feel good knowing that you're using an eco-friendly replacement for plastic wrap.
Making your own granola is a great way to reduce your plastic usage and create a delicious, customizable breakfast or snack. Plus, with the help of eco-friendly kitchen products like Two Pillars’ Duo Cover®, ZipBag®, Swedish Dishcloth, and UniLid®, you can make your granola in an eco-friendly way. Happy granola-making!