Welcome to Two Pillars, an eco-friendly kitchen brand that believes in sustainable living without compromising on the joy of cooking. In this three-part series, we will guide you through the process of making your own pizza from scratch, using eco-friendly practices and our amazing products.
What's better than a homemade pizza? A homemade pizza that's eco-friendly! Let's get started.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- ¾ cup of warm water
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
Duo Cover® - the perfect silicone microwave splatter guard mat that doubles as a collapsible oven spill shield. It's BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and has a magnetic vent that allows steam to escape, keeping your food fresh and crispy. Plus, it saves your fingers from those 'ouchie' moments when plates get hot!
ZipBag® - a reusable silicone storage bag that's perfect for storing your flour and other dry ingredients. It's also great for keeping your leftover pizza fresh for the next day.
Swedish Dishcloth - the perfect, all-natural substitute for paper towels and cleaning cloths. It's super absorbent, durable, and compostable. Plus, it comes in fun pizza designs!
UniLid® - the universal lid that fits all shapes and sizes with food tracking. It's the perfect, eco-friendly replacement for plastic wrap. Use it to cover your large bowl of pizza dough and let it rise.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the warm water and olive oil to the dry ingredients. Mix until the dough forms.
- Knead the dough for about 5-7 minutes until it's smooth and elastic. Use your Duo Cover® as a non-slip mat to keep your dough from sticking to the counter.
- Place the dough in a ZipBag® and seal it shut. Let it rest for 30 minutes to an hour until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Once the dough has risen, remove it from the ZipBag® and place it on a floured surface. Use your Swedish Dishcloth to clean up any flour spills.
- Roll out the dough to your desired thickness and shape.
- Transfer the dough to a baking sheet lined with a UniLid®. Add your desired toppings and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the pizza from the oven using your UniLid® as a plate. Let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Congratulations, you've made your own eco-friendly pizza! Don't forget to use your ZipBag® to store any leftovers and your Swedish Dishcloth to clean up any spills. Stay tuned for part two of our series where we will show you how to make your own pizza sauce.
P.S. If you're looking for the perfect gift for your eco-conscious foodie friend, check out our products here.